What are Packing Cubes?
Packing Cubes are bags with zippers, made to storage your clothes during your travels. Their flexible use makes them suitable for all types of travel
Why use Packing Cubes?
You will be more organized and save space and time.
Whether your clothes, shoes or hygiene articles – everything can be stored properly and in perfect order.
From Recycled Plastic
Our mission is to make travel more sustainable. So why not start with packing? The TRAVEL DUDE Packing Cubes are made from recycled plastic bottles. This saves energy compared to fabrics made from virgin material and reduces plastic waste at the same time.
Packing Cubes with Compression
TRAVEL DUDE was the first company to introduce packing cubes with the compression function in germany. With the additional compression zippers you can eliminate unnecessary air and save space!
Waterproof & Transparent
To separate your dirty or wet clothes from your clean stuff, our packing cubes (L) have an extra waterproof compartment.
With the mesh on all our packing cubes, your clothes can breathe and you see everything without having to open the bags first.
The TRAVEL DUDE quality is one of our most important attributes. With the help of our ergonomic zippers, you can easily open and close your packing cubes.
All materials are thoughtfully chosen and the prototypes have been tested by us during our own travels.
for SUITCASES AND Backpacks!
Unlike other packing cubes, we promise that TRAVEL DUDE packing cubes will fit into every backpack from small to large.
From travelers for travelers
Julia, the founder of TRAVEL DUDE is a passionate traveler herself. Therefore she is eager to create new products every traveler needs. She designs and tests everything herself to make our products perfect for your next journey.
MADE OF RECYCLED PLASTIC BOTTLES
Packing Cubes are usually made of nylon or polyester (PET) based fabrics. Mostly these yarns are made from virgin material: oil
As we want to counteract this trend, we have our travel organizers made from recycled plastic bottles, especially for the nylon fabric. For this, used plastic bottles are collected, crushed, cleaned, melted, formed into pallets, spun into yarn and then woven into fabrics. This saves a lot of energy (and CO2) compared to fabrics made from virgin material as well as reducing plastic waste.
GLOBAL RECYCLED STANDARD
All fabric used for production meet the international requirements of the “Global Recycled Standard” (GRS). This ensures the purity of the recycled materials and a sustainable, social and environmentally friendly value chain.
|fit in all backpacks|
|sustainable & recycled|
|laundry bag is included in the set|
|from travelers for travelers|
PACKING CUBE SET (7-Pieces):
- 2 x Large bag (35cm x 28cm x 10cm) for trousers, sweaters, shirts, shoes, etc. (one of the large cubes has an extra waterproof compartment)
- 2 x Medium Bag (28cm x 18cm x 10cm) Ideal for sweaters, shirts, T-Shirts
- 2 x Small Bag (28cm x 14cm x 10cm) Perfect for socks, underwear
- Laundry Bag (34cm x 52cm)
PACKING CUBE SET (4-Pieces):
- 1 x Large bag with waterproof compartment (35cm x 28cm x 10cm)
Perfect for wet and dry clothes (wet towels, bikinis etc.)
- 1 x Medium Bag (28cm x 18cm x 10cm) Ideal for sweaters, shirts, T-Shirts
- 1 x Small Bag (28cm x 14cm x 10cm) Perfect for socks, underwear
- Laundry Bag (34cm x 52cm)
Yes exactly, all packing cubes are compressible!
At the moment, individual packing cube sizes are not planned, but we would offer them if the demand for them increases.
In the larger 7-piece set, one of the larger cubes has 2 compartments for clothing division. One of the compartments is waterproof thanks to the PEVA coating. In the 4-piece set, the largest pack bag is the corresponding bag with two compartments.
The mix set is currently not planned as a 7-part version, but we would offer it if the demand for it increases.
Yes exactly! The packing cubes can be opened completely to make infestation as easy as possible!
In the 4-piece set, the largest bag has two compartments. In the larger 7-piece set, one of the larger cubes has 2 compartments for clothing division.
The 10 cm refer to the open state. When the bag is closed, it is 5 cm high.
No, the bags are “ventilated” as a precaution before shipping, so that we can avoid smells!
Unfortunately, we currently do not offer individual packing cubes, and this is because of a number of reasons:
- We think about, plan, and decide according to how we can best help travelers and backpackers. With this, we found that sets of 4 and 7 are the ideal sizes to help you best organize your things. A packing cube each for your shirts, trousers, and underwear; a laundry bag which doubles as a day bag; plus, even a waterproof compartment to enable you to store wet belongings safely.
- As a small start-up, offering sets are also more financially feasible for us. At Travel Dude, we highly value functionality, quality, sustainability and fair working conditions, all the while making sure our products don’t break the bank — yours, as well as ours.
- If we start offering individual packing cubes right now, we would have to increase the price of each cube so we can account for production and logistics.
- We would also need to invest more financially, which we currently and unfortunately cannot do.
- An alternative to keep selling at a low price would be to stop using high-quality recycled materials (like many big corporations), but that is something that no longer mirrors our values.
Now, you may wonder why we can’t just re-pack the sets we already have to create a custom set for you. Here’s why:
- Our packing cubes are already packed in our production hall in sets of 4 and 7. They are then shipped to our warehouse where your orders get fulfilled from. Re-packing them would mean: (1) additional service to do so would be required; (2) waste could be generated from tearing original packaging; and (3) there would be unsold leftover packing cubes.
In an ideal world, we would, of course, love to sell our packing cubes individually and in various set sizes and colors. But at the moment, we highly take into account what’s best for us as a small company, what’s best for our customers and most especially, what’s best for the environment.
In addition to the regular zipper for closing / opening the cube, we expanded them with compression zippers. By pulling these zippers, the bag is contracted so that the volume of the bag shrinks.
The packing cubes have the following weights:
Laundry bag: 45 g
S: 81 g
M: 82 g
L: 100 g
L+ with extra waterproof compartment: 200 g
The alternative would be to pack without packing cubes and letting your luggage fly freely in your suitcase / backpack.
We manufacture our products in China for a few reasons:
China contributes to the highest share of mismanaged plastic (the plastic that ends up in rivers and oceans) at around 28% of the total globally, so we seek to do something about this.
After doing our research, we have learned that there are 10 major rivers worldwide that are responsible for about 80% of the plastic in our oceans—8 of these rivers are in Asia, where 4 are in China alone.
Although we love the idea to have everything in Europe—from the recycling process to the production and delivery of our packing cubes—we saw a great need to do something, starting in countries where deposit systems are not as advanced as, for example, in Germany.
Despite being the main contributors of plastic waste, China also undeniably has the technology to turn plastic waste into high-quality recycled materials that we now use for our packing cubes.
Since we source our recycled plastic waste from there, we just then saw it fit to also manufacture there. This then allows us to offer our packing cubes at an affordable price while ensuring their premium quality.
You can find more information about the production and why we decided against air freight when shipping from China here:
Packing Cubes are usually produced from nylon or polyester (PET) based fabrics. These yarns are mostly made from virgin materials like oil. But our packing cubes are made from recycled plastic bottles.